Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, May 16, 2005

the long, long weekend

Ok, so this entry is a tad on the tardy side, but I've got excellent excuses. Do you really need one? Ok, well for starters my cat was sleeping on my laptop, and you do not mess with this cat when he's sleeping...Anyway, now for the BIG NEWS.

Yes, that's right BIG NEWS. After no less than 32 tries starting the infamous Rowan "Butterfly" dress, with the good help of my excellent friend (who painstaking read me directions for the 8 repeating lace rows stitch by stitch) I actually completed *drumroll* the FIRST EIGHT LACE ROWS. Normally, I don't get too excited about finishing eight rows of anything, but this seriously feels like a real accomplishment. Feel free to give me some sort of trophy, or a chocolate donut works, too.

Here's a picture of the 8 rows.



I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's something. I was starting to have serious doubts about my knitting prowess. Now, all I have to do, is repeat those 8 rows 13 more times. Then make that same piece of lace three more times...

Besides, now when I mess up (it's not if, it's when on this project) I can unravel to my last eight rows, which will remain forever perfect. Whew.

Well, those 8 darn rows took up most of my Saturday--that and getting my FREE FROSTY. Yeah, that's right. Sorry if you missed out on the super sugary not-quite-chocolatey frozen goodness.

Sunday I woke up with absolutely no intention whatsoever to walk SF's Bay to Breakers race. And yet, somehow I ended up walking 10 miles. Yeah, that's right, 10 miles. Those of you who know me know that I don't walk ten miles for anything. Now, days later I'm still suffering...each and every one of my muscles is crying "help me" at every step.

But at least I've got those 8 glorious lace rows to get me through the week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home