Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The long week of good-byes...

It's so hard to leave my job...I know I said that yesterday, but I'll say it again. I won't miss the work. In fact, just today as I sat on my ass doing absolutely nothing helpful or work-related, I smugly thought "I won't miss this shit at all."

Then, a super-nice and funny co-worker stopped by with warm wishes and I instantly teared up. This, I would miss. I'll miss the people. (But only some of them. Some will keep my blood boiling for years on end...)

I can't believe I have to go in tomorrow for one last day...would it be terrible to call in sick? Just kidding. Okay, I'm not kidding, but I have to go in since I have to turn in my computer. Blah. (It's a silly piece of crap that barely works, anyway.)

I'd like to spare myself the humiliation that is crying in front of your co-workers. It's simply unprofessional, and completely unavoidable...let the waterworks begin...(fyi, i cry at the drop of a hat these days...I even cried while watching an episode of...well, I don't actually remember what it was, but it wasn't that sad and it wasn't worth crying over in retrospect...the point is that I sobbed like a baby anyway...but I digress...)

It seemed like every time I got up from my desk (and I did that alot...a true procrastinator goes to the bathroom at least once every hour...and surveys the kitchen for new and mysterious snacks...hey, where'd that turkey jerky come from...hey, I haven't seen you in a while...time for a five to ten minute stop-and-chat) I passed some other person I hadn't really thought about not seeing on a daily basis.

I will miss lots of folks.

I wish they would just get jobs in the city already. Get out of the EB
already!(and by that I mean East Bay, not Engineering Bathroom as some would have you believe.) Then we could still meet for occasional lunches or drinks...

I'll miss these work friends. But that's how life is. Even when you live in the same city it's tough to keep in touch occasionally with folks that you were used to chatting with daily...somehow it just isn't ever the same...sniff...

I'm going to be such a mess tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home