Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Shawl-o-mania

Man, today was a real soul-sucker. It's always hard to say goodbye to a job. Okay, well maybe not the actual work or most of the folks there. But there are always a few people who you see everyday who really make or break your work day. You know the kind of folks I'm talking about. The big, super-fab queenie gay guy...the dark and sarcastic goth princess, the quiet fist-shaker...I'm seriously going to miss those guys.

It's also hard to leave a job because it just becomes habit. Sure, your blood pressure is 300/300 and you're dealing with idiots on a daily basis, but it is familiar. It's really just like a bad relationship. You know it's not going anywhere, but it just seems easier to deal with the familiar rather than the big scary UNKNOWN...

Clearly, I'm having second thoughts induced by the panic of the UNKNOWN. But really, it doesn't take much pondering to realize that even if the UNKNOWN (aka new job) sucks big fat donkey balls, it will still be better than the familiar. And that's just sad.

Oh well, at least I'll respect myself "at the end of the day" (may I never hear that phrase uttered in my general direction again)

And now, for some faboo knitting pics. Okay, the picture quality is less than stellar, and once again my cat had to wedge herself between the camera and mirror, but you'll get the idea.

This is a ruffle shawl I made earlier this year. I had to cast on 1000 stitches. It took forever (the casting on) but after that cast on it was smooth sailing.



Clearly I need some help with my bow tying skills.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home