Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, June 20, 2005

Take me out to the ballgame...



Just got back from SO's softball playoff game. In a normal town with normal weather, watching a softball game on a summer evening is a highly enjoyable passtime.

Sadly, here in san fran, it's nothing but torture. First of all, it's super windy. SUPER WINDY. The ballpark was like a wind tunnel. Plus, the second the sun starts to go down you get mighty cold. You'd think I would learn these lessons, but much like most residents of SF, I am in complete weather denial.

Summers are nice, dammit. I don't need a parka and scarf and earmuffs on the fourth of july to watch the fireworks at Ft. Mason (oh wait, I do--assuming it isn't so foggy that you can't even see the fireworks).

Oh well. Anyway, we biked there and back. I know, I'm always saying that I refuse to bike here. And, I haven't in two years. Ever since the homeless crazy (literally crazy) tried to push me off of my bike in traffic. I was done...but what are you going to do...it was either unload the car (all of my various stuff from my last job is still taking up all of the back seat and the passenger seat, too) or give in and ride a bike.

So I did. And it wasn't that awful.

Anyway, SO & team won their game, and thus won their division. For the first time ever! Yay clammies! This one's for you.

P.S. If you think i'm biking to your playoff game tomorrow you really are as crazy as I think you are...

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger KB said...

Yay! Go Team! I will miss you this weekend! I'll be blog stalking you while you're gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home