Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

When bad knits happen to good people...

I was super excited yesterday to be finishing the first sleeve of the T-neck shrug in Scarf Style. As I got to the point where the sleeve ends and the shoulder begins...

"I'm doing it y'all"

I start casting off 15 stitches...I happen to pause and stare at the two dpns in my hand...

"Weird." I thought. "One looks ever so slightly smaller than the other."

Upon further investigation, my suspicions were confirmed...I had used three size 8 dpns, and one size 7.

Ugh.

I went ahead and finished the sleeve anyway. It still needs to be blocked, as evidenced by the following photos:


This one is for perspective...see just how long I knit in the round with different sized double-pointed needles? Just about 30 inches, I reckon. D'oh.


Hopefully once I block it, it will even out a smidge...but it fits...


Detail view. Note the slightly different sized stitches/rows.

It was all I could do to keep from crying I was so incredibly pissed off. Of all of the stupid mistakes...

Now the big question is, should I give up and knit the second sleeve the same way? Janky? At least then the two sleeves would be equally janky.

Or, do I knit the second sleeve exclusively on size 8 needles...

Please help...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home