Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Saturday, July 23, 2005

The TKGA rocks!

Thank you Knitting Guild of America for feeding my addiction this Saturday. I mean it. I mean, I've been pretty good about buying yarn these days, but take me to a yarn show in a convention center and I lose all control. Literally.

Met up with a former co-worker, KB, and the owner of Marin Fiber Arts and had a lovely time gorging ourselves on the yarn.

Got this.



Gee, notice how it doesn't actually look like yarn? Do you notice that? Yeah, that's because it's sort of pre-yarn.

Here's a detail shot.



See how it's really a blob of fiber, rather than a neatly wrapped skein? Yeah, that's because it is a blob.

KB and I have been talking about spinning for a while...and right there in front of us was a booth literally selling yarn crack. See, you can get the raw stuff nice and cheap. You just have to spin it yourself. They were kind enough to teach me for free...so what was I going to do? What would you do?



Well, I don't know about you, but I was a pushover. I ended up getting a lovely spindle (at least that what I think they call it). See how I'm on crack? I haven't bothered to learn the terminology and didn't even hesitate when taking on yet another hobby.

That's not my style. I just jump right into it...

I bet it takes me a year to spin all of that raw stuff...oh man...

I clearly need YA (yarnaholics anonymous).

4 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger KB said...

How's the spinning coming along?

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

um...yeah...spinning...haven't started yet...you?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger KB said...

still trying to find the stuff to build the damn spindle....

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

maybe Michael's for dowells? you should call them...or some kind of hobby store...I think you could make your own hook if you had to...maybe glue a small bead on the end if it's a little sharp...

funny, i just posted to your blog at the EXACT SAME TIME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home