Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Saturday, September 10, 2005

I finally finished that baby sweater!

I can hardly contain my excitement, but I am proud to report that I have finally finished the baby sweater for my new niece, Sadie.

Whew.


It's not that it was difficult, it wasn't. It was a normal raglan sweater. I'm not sure if I would really do it again...I'm not super font of the fancy sleeve and hood cuffs. (Plus, that stitch pattern wasn't very fluid or easy to do...it was actually pretty awkward and involved the need for me to grow a third hand to hold/work a crochet hook).



Plus I'm already sick of sewing things up...I totally need to get on the neck-down sweater train.

Here's a detail shot of that stitch pattern.



Well, onto the next hurdle -- actually going to the U.S. Post Office to mail this sucker. For some reason since I used to work for the USPS, I can always manage to come up with a reason not to go and mail stuff. I literally have months worth of stuff to be mailed (souvenirs from Hawaii, presents for nieces). Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Janis said...

The sweater is BEAUTIFUL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home