Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

San Francisco Owes me a New Pair of Shoes!

I have this pair of shoes that I absolutely adore. I coveted them for more than a year before I finally gave in and bought them since I clearly was going to regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't buy these shoes.

I've had them for a year. I love them. I wear them sparingly only in good weather since they are suede.

This morning, thanks to the wonderful city of san francisco, they were completely ruined.

I woke up early this morning to call the Emergency Number for the building in which I work, since the city of SF was supposed to be repairing a water main last night. As of 3:48am, according to the informational recording, SF reported that the water main was fixed so everyone could report to work.

Ha.

At 9am the bus I was on abruptly came to a halt at Mission and Fremont streets and told everyone to get off. Really nice. Of course, what they didn't mention was that you'd be stepping out into ankle deep super schmutzy water on the sidewalk--deeper if you had to cross the street.

I suppose I shoud have tried to just stay on the bus. But I groaned like all of the other worker bees, and stepped down much to the detriment of my favorite comfy shoes.

See the evidence?

Here


And Here


Even more...


See how the suede is cracked and filthy?

I got to work and had soggy yuckfoot all day. Sigh. The fates are against me.

I'm thinking about mailing the mayor my yucky shoes and asking for new ones...I mean, they were my favorites...

Somebody owes me some new shoes with a side of satisfaction!

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Janis said...

Damn, I hate it when that happens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home