Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, October 24, 2005

First Class, baby

So today was my first official day as a "blue badge" convert. Finally, I was on top of the world--a first-class citizen.

Of course, later today I found out that I'm merely middle-class as there are still fully-stocked kitchens (i.e. more than water, tea, and coffee) that are completely off limits to the likes of me. Sigh.

Now, the first of many pics from London. Here I am at Stonehenge on a rather windy, yet beautiful day.



I was prepared to be unimpressed, but it was truly an awe-inspiring site. We had a hilarious tour guide who gave us the prescribed information/theories about what Stonehenge was and how it was built as dictated by the site archeologist.

Of course, after explaining each of his theories (and how completely crazy they were) she would give us her own extremely practical theories. Hilarious.

Also, the magnetic currents running through the earth there were suprising. Our tour guide had these metal L-shaped rods which you could hold in your fists. As you moved around the rods would react to the currents in the earth and would swing around and occasionally go parallel.

Now, I'm pretty skeptical about new agey stuff in general, but you could definitely feel something at Stonehenge...some connection to the earth...

Basically, I give it two thumbs up. If you're over in London, Salisbury and Stonehenge are a worthwhile daytrip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home