Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, December 26, 2005

Shopped 'Till I Dropped, Literally

OMG! I guess I have forgotten that to be a good, all-American suburbanite you really have to shop the day after xmas. And not a little shopping trip. Oh, no. You have to get up really early and go to umpteen million stores, searching in vain for bargain items you didn't even realize you had to have!

Of course, I had a list of things I wanted to pick up, cause stuff is just plain cheaper in the southeast. Really, it is. Something that costs $50 in the bay area might be merely $30 here because that sweet pair of boots you wanted in the bay area that were immediately snapped up, might linger here for a while until they go on super duper sale!

So, yes. I shopped. Some highlights:
  • Donnie Darko dvd for $4.99. Excellent film. I paid a whole lot more to see in the theatre.
  • brown boots with faux fur trim - $35
  • new socks to match brown boots
  • eye cream - cause from what I hear you'd better start using an eye cream the second you turn 30 years old -- if you even wait a day you'll get wrinkles
  • yarn to make my friend a belated doggie sweater (you'll get it by spring come hell or high water)
    Whew. I don't need to shop again for a year. Unless you count the numerous trips I'm going to need to make to IKEA to furnish the new apartment. *Sigh*

  • 3 Comments:

    At 9:05 PM, Blogger KB said...

    Goodness, wish I had been there shopping with you. Alas, I'm sick in bed. Miss you, when you coming back?

     
    At 9:36 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

    I won't be back until Jan. 2 and I'm moving Jan 7 & 8. Wanna help me move :-)

    We'll have to get together after that! Miss you. Get better!

     
    At 11:19 AM, Blogger KB said...

    of course I'll help you move! See you next year!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home