Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, January 02, 2006

Dum dum da DUMB

After shopping for my sister's wedding this past Friday, somehow she managed to convince me that I should try on the wedding dress purchased in 1997 for a wedding that wasn't. She's been trying to convince me for years. I'm not sure why this year was any different (except for being 30) but this year I decided it would be hilarious to break it out. And with that I present a study on why 22 year old should not get married, and also why they should never be allowed to choose their own wedding dresses. See evidence below:

I hate bows. It's hard to remember back to 22, but I suppose at some point I must have liked them. *shudder*


That said, a giant bow on the bottom is NEVER a good idea. Not in any decade. It is NEVER in style. *sigh*


Front bow detail.


Front boob detail -- way, way too chaste for today's taste.


This thing even had bows on the sleeves. So many bows. And look at the profile. This thing has crenoline in the stomach area--cause everyone needs puffiness there.


It had a pretty long train, too.


I'll never quite know what I was thinking. I really wasn't. I just wanted to get the planning over with...


The only positive thing I can say is that at least after 9 years the damn thing still fits. And at least I was able to get a good laugh at my own expense.

4 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger KB said...

my god...that's too funny.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

omg - that is outstanding. take a bow... in your bows... wow - it's bowtacular. I'm bow-led over. and I agree, no one should be allowed to make such a move at 22. now, did you bring it home so you can wear that to the next big brand meeting? thank you for posting this - very cool of you - and funny.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can take that bow off the rear of the dress and put it on your rear in my wedding?

He he he... I love you.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger bjmurphy234 said...

I bet you could sell that thing in 2 minutes on Craigslist.

If not, you should wear it out drinking some time. In fact, wouldn't it be funny if all women who were looking to get married went out in wedding dresses? Ok, nevermind. Back to work...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home