Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, January 30, 2006

Turns out I'm not the world's biggest chicken

To those who know me I'm pretty outgoing, but in certain social situations I'm quite the shy bird. I just moved to a new neighborhood, and am looking to meet like-minded crafties. While perusing yahoo groups, I found the chicks with sticks knitting group. They meet every Monday at 6:30 in Noe Valley.

Now anyone who's read Stitch 'n Bitch nation or recent articles on knitting has heard about these kids. Needless to say, for a socially shy gal like myself it took quite a lot for me to go solo to one of their get togethers--especially knowing that the turnout is usually 30-50 knitters.

Once I got home from work I kept psyching myself out. Finally I downed a glass of wine and just went for it. My heart was pounding as I headed into the back room of Bliss Bar. I felt like I was in high school or something. They definitely had their clicks, but seemed like a good, diverse group of knitters.

I'm glad I went. I didn't have too much to say, but I sat there and chatted the best I could and smiled a lot...hopefully they won't all run away when/if I go back next week...

2 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger KB said...

yay! I'm so glad you went! You'll have to tell me all about it later!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Janis said...

Good girl! I am glad that you went too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home