Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Thursday, March 16, 2006

No longer an IKEA fan

Dear IKEA,

While in the past I have always been your #1 fan, we are now at odds with one another. This past weekend I purchased quite a bit of furniture from one of your stores. I even hired a fellow with a truck so that I could get said furniture home and experience instant satisfaction and gratification.

Imagine how utterly disappointed I was when one thing after another went horribly, horribly wrong. You forgot to put three bottom slipcovers for my couch inside the factory sealed bag. You drilled the holes improperly in the extremely heavy wooden entertainment center which was spread out all over my living room. You forgot to include the correct hardware for the drawers in said entertainment center, and you forgot to have the right routing done on those drawers.

When we called you to discuss such matters, you first told us to bring everything back to the store. As if returning a couch is an actual option. You then promised to call within 48 hours to resolve the situation.

You didn't call.

I called you again (days later), and your department which handles these matters was closed. You finally called and we finally reached an accord--that you would ship the missing parts and they should arrive within 7-10 business days. I have to say that I find this unacceptable--have you ever heard of overnight shipping?

It breaks my heart that we must part in this manner. In the past when others complained about assembling their own furniture and missing parts I was always your staunch advocate. "I have never had a problem." I'd say. "Are you sure you read the directions properly?"

I'm sorry to say that I can no longer be the defender of you--the original affordable good design for all company. Your complete inattention to my needs and your insensitive demands have ruined our relationship--permanently.

You cannot win me back.

I'll miss your designs and your delicious meatball plate, but it isn't enough of a reason for us to stay together.

Good luck in your future endeavors. I wish you well. Better luck with your next customer.

Sincerely,
Ms. Crafty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home