Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Sunday, April 23, 2006

My new project

So last summer I managed to snag quite a haul of some discontinued yarn in a rose color that I adore. I've been looking for the perfect pattern for this yarn ever since. I think I've found it in Adrienne Vittadini's Trina Cabled Coat.



Here's the unblocked swatch...I think it'll work...



The yarn I plan to use is Jaeger Chamonix which is 48% Angora, 47% Extra Fine Merino, and 5% Polymid. Whaddya think? The swatch is on gauge...but should I try a needle size larger in order to emphasize the eyelets, or will blocking take care of that? Any advice most welcome.

5 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger KB said...

omg! The swatch itself is beautiful!!! The true color does not come through on the photo, but I know it's lovely!

How did the gauge measure up? And what do you think of the pattern?

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

The gauge is strangely perfect...the pattern itself seems alamingly easy...I'm thinking there is something I'm missing.

I thought the stitches looked a bit cramped, and so I also swatched on 10.5s. But that gauge is way too big...

So I'm going for it with the 9s. Wish me luck.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Janis said...

Good luck and good choice to go with the smaller needles. If you don't it will pill.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Now that is good to know! Thank goodness I casted on with the smaller needles. :-) Of course, I have at least 3 other projects in the works at the same time...so we'll see how long it takes.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

It's a whole 'nother language. You crafty kids - you make such pretty things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home