Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

P is for poison

So I'm finally feeling like a bit 'o knitting after recovering from a bout of hives. Yesterday when I got to work I noticed that my face felt a little itchy. I didn't think too much of it since it is allergy season. But, by mid afternoon I was ready to tear my face off. I ended up with hives all over my face, neck, etc.

The craziest part was that I couldn't figure out what the culprit was. My co-workers and I were convinced that it must have been the muffin I had for breakfast since it contained dried fruit (I am allergic to sulfites). That, or I was finally outwardly manifesting a deep inner allergy to corporate work.

Turns out that some frozen fish G and I had eaten for dinner the night before, had been marinated in trace amounts of mango. That'll do it. *Sigh.* It's exhausting being allergic to lots of stuff. Not to mention that I look like I'm thirteen years old since my hives like to appear as a complete face full of mini-zits. Joy!

And, I've got a week stacked with corporate executive-laden meetings. As if they didn't already think I was young...now this...

On the bright side, I at least feel like knitting again. Still working on that pink cabled baby sweater. Not really working on the giant cabled sweatercoat--it's been far too warm outside. No worries, though. I'm sure that soon enough we'll be fogged in for the summer and a sweatercoat will once again seem like a good idea.


So lazy and surly...

2 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger KB said...

is that really Mabel?

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

It is...the photo is a couple of years old and is taken from the top down--so she's actually laying down on a Poang chair :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home