Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Freezer paper stencil fun

So KB dropped in for a sweet afternoon of crafting. She had been raving about freezer paper stencils, we decided I simply had to try it. I can safely say it was easy and fun.

Here's the image I chose to start with. Note: I always choose the hardest possible pattern or way to do something--it's just what happens.



So it took my approximately 2 hours to cut out the stencil. It probably would have helped if I had some
Scherenschnitte scissors handy (mom, we'll need to find those when I'm out later this summer). As it was I struggled a bit with my regular Fiskars and a slightly dull xacto blade.



And voila. Once the paint was dry I removed the stencil and was pleased with the results--even though I had chosen a ridiculously complicated pattern and placed the stencil on a seam (not recommended).



It's just too cute.



The only downside is that once you use the stencil that's it. It's truly a one-of-a-kind design.



I could do this all day...if only I could figure out a way to make a living at it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home