Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

First Big Cold of Season has Struck

I've been down with a severely annoying cold since late afternoon on Friday. I guess the stress of the new job, the 12-hour workdays, and the working weekends have finally caught up with me. Sigh. I just don't have time to be sick...

The worst part? I'm too sick to knit. I'm working on a lace pattern shawl out of this luscious cashmere (Boise by Karabella) and you really have to concentrate to get through the pattern row by row.



If only Mabel and I could swap bodies, a la the Parent Trap--with a nice song and dance...and some tap shoes... I really think she'd be good at client relations...and I could sure use an 18 hour nap or two...although I don't think I'd really want her playing around with my yarn stash...

[Note: Please pardon the excessive use of ellipses. Methinks the cold medicine doth wreak havoc with my grammatical prowess.]

5 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger KB said...

Take care of yourself. I'm thinking good, healthy, speedy-recovery thougts for you!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Janis said...

Feel better!

I love Mabel.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Mmm... nyquil. Take four bottles & call your ex-boyfriends.

Um... workaholic much? You silly girl. You need a Ferris Bueller day. I was home sick last Tuesday and didn't have the right URL to check email from home, so by golly, I couldn't check email ALL DAY. Took a nap. Wrapped a hot towel around my head. Had an aspirin. Watched a lot of trasy MTV. One of the best days off, ever. DO IT!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

trashy. not trasy. I don't know what trasy MTV is. I'm sleepy. Sleepey. Sleep-E.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

I'm having some soup right now! No hot towels around head to speak of. I'm working from home today, which is nice. Takes the appearance pressure off (and saves 2 hours of drive time).

Thanks for all the great thoughts! I'm feeling much better already and am hoping to get back to blogging/knitting tonight!

I do, however, need a day off...hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home