Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, October 23, 2006

What's that smell?



Wake up. Commute. Work. Commute. Work. Sleep.

Do it all over again.

Of course, the whole system unravels with a mere sleepless night.

Did you know that there are wild animals in SF city proper? Well, there are. And last night around 3am they were rooting around near the garbage cans outside of my bedroom window.

What were they? Skunks. And they sprayed. Right by the door in the bedroom which conveniently opens to the great outdoors.

As a supersmeller (not much of a super power--especially when you live in the city) I couldn't go back to sleep. That would have been far, far too easy.

Instead I had the joy of swallowing that tiny bit of vomit in the back of my throat and trying to rub various ointments and balms under my nose so that I could attempt to inhale an inoffensive odor whilst sleeping.

Carmex under nose + t-shirt tied strategically around nose and mouth + head under pillows and covers = still no sleep.

On a brighter note, I've been meaning to blog about a fabulous gift I received in the mail. Thanks, nootise for the amazing stamp. It's a photo real kitty head--love it! Currently stamping all over the house. Everything is fair game.

4 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Man, that stamp is SO good! I must start using my own again soon! Stamp tats!

That supersmeller gift - a huge drawback with a skunk nearby. Would spraying Nature's Miracle all back there help at all? Or a half water half bleach solution? Or maybe a giant platter of garlicky fish?

If you don't already have one, you need a hose with a pistol grip sprayer on it - next time you hear 'em, grab the hose & aim well. Or perhaps just a good squirt bottle of water & a bit of tabasco? I've never tried these ideas... maybe skunks love tabasco.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger KB said...

OMG! That is the greatest stamp ever! I went online, and can you believe that they are sold out of the kitten one? I may just have to grab what's left of the cat head one. It is so cool....I just don't understand how it works?!!! How is it a "laser quality" stamp?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Well, from carefully examining the stamp my guess is that they use lasers to cut the stamp itself. Hence the high level of detail and clean edges. Also, the stamp surface isn't rubber, which means that the edges are extremely clean and hopefully won't degrade over time.

It looks like they use the equivalent of color halftone dots (used in printing) to create the photo real images. I just love it.

Hmmm...maybe I need my own laser so that I can make my own Mabel and Elwood photo real stamps ;-)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Hope you feel better soon! We all missed you last night :-)

It's funny. You aren't the first person to tell me they kinda sorta like the smell of skunk spray.

I myself don't actually mind a very mild skunk odor (long story short: a friend of my mom's growing up had a pet skunk she had rescued and his odor wasn't offensive--of course, I never smelled him spray. He just had a constant, mild skunky smell to him.).

That said, what about sulphur?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home