Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The O.C.

No, I don't mean orange county. If I were going to discuss hour-long teenage dramas I would certainly be discussing 90210, but that's a topic for another day...or not.

I'm talking about the original crafty mama. No, literally, my mom. She's super crafty, as evidenced by these many ornaments adorning the family tree.


Okay, this first pic isn't exactly related to overall craftiness per say, but I always appreciate a sumptuous, homemade pumpkin pie.


This is one in a series of cross stitch santa clauses my mom made when I was a kid.



This was my first and last feeble attempt at cross stitch. Admittedly I was six or seven years old and this took me FOREVER. I'm not sure where I got the idea to use a duck...I must have liked the pattern, cause I remember I was absolutely sure that my dad would love it. And of course he did.


This is just an antique stocking ornament...we inherited it from somewhere...it wasn't my grandma's, so it could have belonged to a great grandma...I should probably ask my mom...


My sister and I sewed these ornaments with my grandma when we were little. We got to choose the different fabrics, and we stuck with flowers all the way.



A series of fancy embroidered ornaments made by my mom.



Now, I was actually gifted this ornament this year, which consists of my right hand print at 1 year old. My mom actually made several sets of these when I was one and gifted a set to each set of grandparents.

So, my crafty roots run deep, and for that I am thankful each and every holiday season. Each ornament on the family tree is one-of-a-kind and holds special memories. Cheesy but true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home