Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Finally, a Finished Object-- woo hoo!

I am happy to say that I finally finished the Fall '06 Interweave Knits Swallowtail shawl. Those "bobble-ettes" really gave me a tough time. Patricia had the brilliant idea to forget all of those yarnovers, since P5tog simply was not happening with the delicate yarn and addi turbo combo.

I ended up knitting in the front, back, then front again, and on the wrong side P3tog. I messed only one up. What a relief. So, I ended up with nupettes, and that's just fine with me.


detail while blocking


the nupettes






the final blocked size was a happy surprise

I would actually make this again, and would stick with the nupettes versus bobblettes. I would also definitely use a lifeline more rigorously than I did this time. It just makes good sense!

5 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Kiwi said...

Beautiful! Congrats on finishing; it looks beautiful :o)

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Next up on the finishing block is Boise!!! Green Boise shawls rule.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

I have no idea what any of that meant, but it sure looks pretty!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger KB said...

Absolutely stunning. Nice job! Remind me again the yarn you used?

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

I used a laceweight merino (I'll have to check and see what it's called tonight at Knit Night). But, it was a lovely laceweight merino and I used it double stranded.

I wanna say it's called Mugee...but let me double check that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home