Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Superdrive my A**



The "superdrive" of my imac G5 decided to stop working last night. First, it ate a DVD, and now it won't stop trying to ingest and eject things simultaneously. No, it's not under warranty, and yes I did momentarily consider that a computer sans disk tray could be a risk...it was a risk I was willing to take for something pretty and shiny...

We're hoping Griffin can just disconnect the drive from it's power source so it will shut the hell up! Keep your fingers crossed...cause I just can't work with all of that clackety racket.

5 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger badmommy said...

Fabulous photo of Mabel The Wonder Cat! Missed you last night...

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

:) Thanks! Missed you guys, too! Hopefully I'll be able to make it this week. Did anyone take any pics?

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get it taken care of?

Our IPod threatened to die today. It did what we found online is called "The Click of Doom"! but we also found instructions on precisely where to give it a good whack that got it fixed!

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger KB said...

Any news on the status of said drive? What's the prognosis? I hope you didn't lose any valuable data.....

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Griffin was able to successfully remove the superdrive, and the computer is back to working.

Basically I just can't load or burn any CDs or DVDs ever again :-( Oh well. At least it's working again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home