Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quilting

IMG_7151

I had a great time visiting my family back east, and going to a quilt show with my mom and sister. There were most definitely quilts of all kinds from modern art and activist style quilts to unicorn/medieval and religious quilts. (I have pics and will share an album so you can see the wide variety for yourselves.)

I am not much of a seamstress, but even I was inspired to sew a cute little purse (is there any other kind) from some vintage fabric. This is something that I would not normally try on my own, but with my mom's expertise at hand it didn't seem so impossible.

IMG_7147

Of course what really sealed the deal was the super cute Japanese purse handle - love it! Hopefully it will be enough to inspire me to use the stacks of fat quarters I came home with...

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be he first one to put an order in! I'll take one in greens/blues, please!


I'm serious, too! I have a "thing" for purses and I would have 50 of them if I could get away with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home