Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, February 04, 2008

There's hope...

IMG_6062

...for the cats, anyway. I swear they are going to be snuggling up soon enough. This is a big step for Mabel to even be sleeping in the same room as Monkey sans moi.

In other news, today was my first day commuting to the peninsula, and if was everything I dreaded and then some. It took me 40 minutes to go 22 miles. Sigh. In stop and go traffic.

Also, for the first time in my experience, GoogleMaps failed me and mapped the new digs in the wrong location. Now down there in the boonies there are just tons and tons of office parks with tall towers. Lots of cement, and for some reason all of the numbers on the side of buildings appear to have disapparated.

So, while I was on a wild goose chase this morning, thanks google, and managed to negotiate my way to the office park next to my office park some fellow backed right in to my car. Of course he was on his cell and backed up full throttle right into my car. I had time to stop and lay on the horn, but he wasn't deterred and backed bravely up at a high speed - I guess that's how you do it when you drive a really expensive luxury convertible and are in the middle of a mid-life crisis.

Luckily, my car was ok except for a bent license plate. My nerves were totally shot and I was another 20+ minutes late to work, but other than that I made it. Let's just hope when i go back next week things go a little more smoothly...

2 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

good lord, what a nightmare! so sorry to read about your crappy commute. if it's at all possible, maybe you can go in just after the crush hour. when I was still commuting from downtown sf to redwood shores I'd leave my place @ 9 and get there in about 30 minutes.

but it it's great news that the kids are finally getting a wee bit closer!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Kiwi said...

Holy Jeeze! Please tell me you took down his information or something. People who try driving and talking on their cell phones at the same time (while in the busy busy city, no less!) should get a lesson.

It's good to hear that you only came out with a bent plate; I'm glad it wasn't the hood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home