Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, March 10, 2008

Knitting 101

IMG_7302

So I started a sweater from the sold out Fall 2007 Interweave knits - the placed cable Aran. I brought it to knit night last week, and really thought I was making huge inroads. However, it was WAY TOO HUGE (Patricia, you were correctamundo).

I seem to always have this problem - the sweaters I make end up super duper huge. On Saturday, I ended up transferring what I had so far to waste yarn and trying it on. It was ridiculously huge. Back to the drawing board.

So I measured, ripped, and started again.

Imagine my surprise this evening when I realize my ridiculous rookie mistake - now, though the sweater is indeed the correct girth, there is a nice TWIST that I didn't catch until I was two balls of yarn in. Sigh.

Perhaps this sweater just wasn't meant to be.

I think I'm going to rip it and cast on ONE LAST TIME.

2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Arrrgh. How grumpy I'd be! Hope third time is the charm!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

and this is why I go to the store...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home