Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Monday, May 05, 2008

Cat News

IMG_9684_edit

Monkey is continuing to make total box annihilation progress whilst attacking two sides of the Charles Shaw box. He has deemed these two particular sides to be an eminent threat and cannot continue on his path of destruction until those two sides have been completely destroyed.

In other news, in my quest to continue with some stash knitting and reclaiming, I have "reclaimed" two yarns from UFOs (unfinished objects - this is knitting slang). I wound them, soaked them and hung them and am getting ready to once again try to knit a pair of socks.

I started the Brother Amos socks a while ago, but didn't like how the fit was coming out (I have a rather narrow ankle and the socks were just blousing around it). So, here's the question. What is a good and easy toe-up all purpose sock pattern?

Yesterday I tried the knitty toe-up but didn't like how the toe came out (totally pointy and weird). Any suggestions?

Secondly, any good ideas for unexpected mother's day gifts out there? The fallback ideas are chocolate, flowers, or fabric, but I'd love to mix things up. Has anyone heard of a good fabric of the month club?

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger KB said...

okay, just today I was reading about this website that has a fabric club, but get this....it sells recycled kimono fabric. Can you imagine the amazing quilt your mom would make?

http://www.ahkimono.com/

I think it was kismet that I ran into it the same week that you were looking for this. I hope they have some nice stuff.

PS. Love the new 'do.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Ooooo...it looks lovely. Who wouldn't want recycled kimono fabric delivered right to them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home