Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Feeling a Bit Better

Portrait of Mabel

I am happy to report that Mabel is feeling quite a bit better. She still sleeps most of the day (like every other cat in the world), but she has also been more active than she has been for quite some time. Rumor has it that she has occasionally shown signs of outright playfulness and has even had a couple of bouts of the nighttime crazies.

Not much else to report - next Thursday we head to Yosemite for our backpacking trip. Yikes. I still have a couple of loose ends to tie up there like actually putting together the first aid kit (I have a list--I just have to actually find everything and put it together) and figuring out some potential campfire games that won't be heavy.

I also need to come up with some camping knitting--I'm thinking the Froot Loop socks...they'll be light and mostly easy to work on...

Any other ideas for good backpacking knitting?

3 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Renee said...

So good to see Mabel looking alert! Since I tend not to go anywhere where there is not a bathroom, I can't help on the backpack knitting front!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

Great news, indeed - so glad to hear it. Good luck with the packing/prep and HAVE FUN!!!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

:-)

My plan is just to survive. Typically I need a nice, cushy bed, a warm bath , snuggly kitty, and a nice cuppa joe to relax. I suppose I'll appreciate all of those things even more when we get back...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home