Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kitty Chemo

IMG_1973

Mabel started kitty chemo on Thursday. It sounds so crazy, but it really just involves me giving her a pill every three days. Of course, it's a rather toxic pill which means I have to wear gloves and have to make sure not to let it come into contact with my skin or anything around the house, but once I slip it into a cat treat she just chomps it down.

Normally, kitties go to the vet for their chemo, but Mabel is a special needs kitty and cannot be subjected to constant vet visits.

I'm happy to report that so far she is tolerating it quite well. She has a decent energy level and I even spotted her washing this morning.

I'm working away on her cat basket and will hopefully be ready to felt it this weekend.

Once I'm done with that I think I'd like to work with the purple/pink Superwash DK I dyed (and used for her kitty legwarmers). But, I'm just not sure which pattern to use. Any ideas/suggestions? I've got 485ish yards. Hmmm...something for an adult would be nice...

2 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Renee said...

How about a scarf-sized clapotis? Or are you done with that pattern...

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Hmmm...I'm not sure if I'm done with it or not...I think it's the perfect failsafe. I've made three of them already, and might be looking for something else (although it would be lovely and machine washable...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home