Ms Crafty: where craftiness rules supreme...

Saturday, July 05, 2008

XOXO Mabel XOXO

IMG_2038

The past week has been a real stresser. Literally. Mabel hadn't been feeling well, and on Tuesday looked to be in bad shape. (I knew she wasn't feeling well when she didn't get up to eat.)

We promptly rushed her to the emergency vet hospital where they did a bunch of bloodwork (she had to be sedated for this - she hates the vet more than anything and generally turns into this growling paws of fury monster when there), and then ended up keeping her a few more hours to do a kitty ultrasound.

The good news was that her kidneys look good. The bad news was that her spleen was enlarged, and her liver bile duct didn't look so good and she had some internal bleeding.

They gave her some fluids, sent some spleen samples off to the lab and sent her home with us. On Wednesday we really thought she could be on her last legs. She was breathing hard, not eating or drinking much, and was barely moving. I basically sat with her the entire day petting her gently and talking to her.

By Thursday afternoon she felt a smidge better and looked more like herself. She ate a little bit and started drinking water. Whew (we didn't want to have to give her subcutaneous fluids ourselves). She also managed to nap in the sun (photo evidence above).

She's back at the vet's office today for a kitty endoscopy. Let's hope that they can find out what is causing her bleeding, and that there is something we/they can do about it.

I have to say that I'm just not prepared to lose her. She's been my furry, faithful companion for 11+ years and I'm not ready to let her go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it isn't anything too terrible (and that they figure it out today because I swear it shortens her life just taking her to the vet's office - it stresses her out just that much).

Love you, Mabel. Feel better now! XOXO

4 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Ms. C, all my heart goes out to Ms. Mabel - I hope she feels better very soon and they figure out what is wrong with her. We don't want to lose her either!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Renee said...

Oh my, yes, it is so stressful! I have had lots of cat illnesses, and it is not fun. And I gave my cat subcutaneous fluids for 2 years!

I can give you info on the cat hospital at Davis if you need it!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger ms. crafty said...

Thanks for the wishes :-) Renee, I'll let you know if we need Davis cat hospital info and thanks!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Hazel Nootsmaak said...

So sorry to read this - there are no words to soothe the worry when a kitty isn't well. I don't think anyone's ever ready to lose a furry companion - I know I'll never be.

Sending you good vibes & hopes for a speedy recovery and diagnosis so they can fix whatever's going on. :((

 

Post a Comment

<< Home